**This page will be regularly updated with information, advice and guidance on how to help children and families keep safe during the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.**
Please remember – everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
Sandwell Children Safeguarding Partnership – Response to COVID 19 Pandemic
In light of the current situation as a result of Coronavirus, the safeguarding partners have sought to agree measures and plans to reduce the risk of contracting and spreading of the virus to children, young people, their families and within our multi agency workforce.
Following these discussions, the safeguarding partners would like to update you all with an outline of the measures in place to achieve this. In doing so, the we appreciate that individual agencies will be following their own arrangements and would not wish in any way to discourage partners following the advice of their own organisation.
In relation to multi-agency working;
- Other than in exceptional circumstances, visits to children and families will be reduced to a frequency necessary to meet any statutory requirements. Where this is felt to provide insufficient safety, decisions will be made by management on a case by case basis.
- All multi agency meetings, including strategy meetings, MASH, initial and review child protection conferences, core group, MACE and Position of Trust meetings and Looked After Child reviews will be arranged as telephone conferencing and all partners invited to join online.
- Sandwell Children Safeguarding Partnership (SCSP) sub-group meetings will be held virtually where the business can be achieved in this way or postponed pending an improvement in the current situation.
- Multi agency training planned for March/April/May will be postponed, a suite of eLearning training is currently being developed to disseminate information until face to face training is reinstated.
In the meantime, the SCSP Business Manager will be available to respond to any queries via:
Gillian Ming: email@example.com
Tele: 07767 614595
For queries related to SCSP subgroup activities the following named officers can be contacted:
Lucy Edwards: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tele: 07717 343774
- Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews (formerly SCR’s)
- Rapid Reviews
- Quality Performance Activity
Holly Bramley: email@example.com
Tele: 075575 44868
- Multi-Agency Training and Development
Jade Maynard: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Neglect Workstream (GCP2)
- Online Safety/Exploitation Workstream
Karina Turner: SCSP@sandwellchildrenstrust.org
Regular updates will also be available on the SCSP website: https://www.sandwellcsp.org.uk/
As a reminder, we would like to re-iterate the government and NHS guidelines about maintaining good hygiene; only go outside for food, health reasons or essential work, and stay two metres away from other people outside of your household. This is particularly important for people who are over 70 and/or have an underlying health condition.
There are lots of resources to help you stay happy and healthy whilst staying at home, and also information on how to explain coronavirus to children, you can access some of them in the ‘Resources and Information‘ page from the menu on the right.