Horizons Exploitation Safeguarding Hub
Horizons Exploitation Team is a co-working model working alongside Social Workers across the service to reduce risk to children and young people at risk of exploitation.
This model will promote improvement in practice offering a consistent way of working with children and young people who are exploited. Information gathered will enable the mapping of hot spots which will inform our risk management and planning. Information gathering with partner agencies will further enable us to analyse and in turn be meaningful in risk management and responses.
We will be relationship based, providing young people and children with a consistent worker until positive changes are achieved and deemed to be sustainable. The Horizons worker will be consistent through the young person’s journey in addition to their allocated Social Worker.
All Return Home Interviews will be completed by one consistent worker wherever possible.
We are committed to reducing the risk to our Sandwell children and young people that are at risk of exploitation.
Telephone: 0121 569 2524 / 8391
The vast majority of children in Sandwell have a safe and happy childhood, free from fear, but for a vulnerable minority, childhood has quite a different meaning. Local services and teams can take action to increase the ability of children and young people to realise they are being exploited and seek help.
- Child Exploitation Disruption Toolkit
- Child Exploitation (CE) Screening and Risk Assessment Tool
- Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Social Media Library
- Appropriate Language-Toolkit; Child Sexual and/or Criminal Exploitation
- Force Intelligence Bureau (FIB) Form
- Parents Against Criminal Exploitation
- The Childrens Society
- Sandwell Child Sexual Exploitation Strategy
- National Working Group
- Sandwell Sexual Health Services
- Barnardo’s Trafficking Service
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection
- International Centre Researching Child Sexual Exploitation, violence and trafficking
- Think you know