Sandwell Children’s Safeguarding Partnership (SCSP) has a statutory responsibility to ensure that appropriate training on safeguarding and promoting welfare for children and young people is provided in Sandwell in order to meet local needs.
Our training is aimed at professionals working in all organisations involving children, young people and their families. The Learning & Development sub group devised the catalogue to support locally identified needs and priorities identified from case file audits, local (as well as national) serious case reviews, child death reviews learning reviews and key inspection findings.
Please be aware there is no statutory requirement for Safeguarding Partnerships to deliver basic or awareness raising training courses therefore it is expected that all delegates will have completed these courses within their agencies prior to accessing any of the courses in this catalogue.
The COVID-19 virus has led to significant calls on all of our time and a need to ensure that people are available to complete core tasks. Because of this and linked to the government and WHO guidance, we have decided to cancel all training events until later this year.
We are working hard to explore how we can best deliver the learning and development sessions that are needed in the best way possible, given these unprecedented circumstances.
We hope that you understand this decision. We will keep you informed of developments and new programmes as soon as we can and we are in the process of building a suite of eLearning to maintain a training offer. Please keep an eye on the website training pages for any updates and our email communications.
Upcoming Sandwell SCSP training events...
- Signs of Safety Half day awareness - 29-09-2020
- GCP2 - 06-10-2020
- Virtual Core Working Together - Level 3 Safeguarding Children & Young People - 06-10-2020
- Virtual Core Working Together - Level 3 Safeguarding Children & Young People - 07-10-2020
- GCP2 - 08-10-2020
- Childhood Regained: Safeguarding in a Digital Age - 12-10-2020
Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH
- GCP2 - 13-10-2020
- Multi Agency Threshold - Virtual **via Teams** - 14-10-2020
- GCP2 - 15-10-2020
- GCP2 - 20-10-2020
- Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery - 22-10-2020
Direct 2 Industrial Estate, Roway Lane, Oldbury
- GCP2 - 22-10-2020
- GCP2 - 03-11-2020
- Virtual Core Working Together - Level 3 Safeguarding Children & Young People - 04-11-2020
- GCP2 - 05-11-2020